Day 1 (Thursday):
- Day 1 is Thursday 5th April 2018. Runners arrive at Delhi Airport from various destinations and are transferred to Maidens Hotel.
- Transfers from the airport will be arranged by Endeavour staff.
- Greeting by Race Staff with your Endeavour “welcome” pack.
- The rest of the day is free and easy with an informal cocktail party in the evening at the hotel, followed by dinner.
Day 2 (Friday):
- Your day starts bright and early with guided bicycle adventure tour of old Delhi during the morning topped off with breakfast of steaming hot chai and breakfast curry!
- During this wild ride you will be tasked to complete various objectives which will be very beneficial to you when in the mountains in a few days time!
- Tour of Shiksha Rath (Chariot of Education) slum academy. Shiksha Rath, which is one of our chosen charities is a highly-focused, long-term initiative providing after school classes, nutritious meals and health care to some of Delhi’s poorest children by means of a ground-breaking slum academy.
- Early evening we check out of The Maidens and head to Himalayas!
Day 3 (Saturday):
- Arrive at Mcleod Ganj and check in to the Hotel
- Acclimatisation followed by Lunch.
- Beasting Session.
- Evening gathering for introduction to up-country staff and volunteers; survival training and Q & A session with shared meal.
- Yellow jerseys issued following Beasting session.
Day 4 (Sunday):
Visit to Nyingtob Ling (Realm of Courage). One of our other chosen charities. Nyingtob Ling is a tiny sanctuary just outside of Dharamshala for mentally handicapped children and adults - almost all of them Tibetan. Taking part in the Endeavour India Race, you will be raising money for this amazing charity, and it is a rare opportunity that runners in such events get the chance to visit the charities for which they will make such an huge difference.
Day 5 (Monday): [Race Day 1]
The start of the Indian Endeavour – bike, run and trek from Mcleod Ganj (Dalai Lama’s residence) at 2,080m to Kareri village (2,200m) about 14 km route.
Day 6 (Tuesday): [Race Day 2]
Day 7 (Wednesday): [Race Day 3]
Day 8 (Thursday): [Race Day 4]
Day 9 (Friday): [Race End Day 5]
- Time to relax and chat and enjoy the serenity of McLeod Ganj.
- Evening Gala Dinner and awards ceremony.
- Accommodation at the Norbu House and Zambala House hotels.
Day 10 (Saturday):
- After breakfast runners will depart by bus to Delhi.
- Back to our "Home" in Delhi; The Maidens Hotel
Day 11 (Sunday):
- Sunday 15th April 2018: Flights home at various times during the day.